All Razer inherited from its acquisition of Nextbit was once a boxy telephone structure. The remainder of its new Razer Telephone got here down solidly as an unmistakable advent of a gaming corporate that prides itself on mass, steel and extra.
You may hope that this gamer’s telephone can be at ease being tossed round. Neatly, Zack Nelson ran a couple of sturdiness exams on his JerryRigEverything YouTube channel and we’ve discovered some necessary issues about what the 120Hz LCD is safe by way of. There’s additionally some wishful pondering right here for RGB LED fanatics, too.
We will discuss how the Razer Telephone ain’t no Robin all day and night time, however you’ll see the video beneath. For individuals who want a digest, scroll additional down.
- The show’s quilt glass is Gorilla Glass three. Whilst it stands two generations in the back of Corning’s present product, it manages to scratch at a Mohs hardness degree of 6, conventional of glass.
- The plastic covers for the front-facing stereo audio system are fabricated from plastic, however must take tumbles effectively. The selfie digital camera and proximity sensors are coated with glass.
- The majority of the perimeters and rear fabricated from steel. Some scratches would possibly depart everlasting marks, even though.
- The steel print of the Razer tri-snake emblem isn’t simply got rid of, however the cut-out does have a hollow in it resulting in the internals. Possibly this was once the place an LED or two may just’ve ended up?
- The fingerprint scanner — on most sensible of the side-mounted energy button — does paintings, even if scratched.
- The rearside dual-camera glass doesn’t scratch simply, however there’s a coating that may get marked up moreso.
- The LCD briefly recovers from extended touch with a lighter flame — round 15 seconds.
- Bending the chassis backward and forward produces creaking and a few arching, however there’s no obvious harm to purposeful .