Do not like the default text messaging app that included your Android smart device any longer? Not to fret, it’s very simple to alter it.
Because its earliest of days Google has actually made it possible to alter the default SMS app on your phone. You can merely download an option like Textra or Pulse and set it as your default SMS app.
No matter what variation of Android you have actually set up (it can be an older one) you can merely alter it to another texting application of your picking.
Doing so differs from phone design to phone listed below and listed below we’ll reveal you ways to do it on 2 various phones. Initially, you’ll require to have an app like Textra or Pulse set up on your Android handset.
The Best Ways To Modification the Default Messaging app on Android
Utilizing an OnePlus 5T with Android 8.0 Oreo
- Gain Access To the Settings Menu by swiping down the alert shade or tapping on the Settings icon
- Scroll down up until you discover Individual>> Apps
- Tap on Default (it’s the 3rd alternative)
- Tap on SMS app and tap on your favored texting app
Utilizing a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Gain Access To the Setting Menu by swiping down the alert shade
- Scroll down up until you discover Apps
- Tap on the three-dot menu situated in the leading right of the screen
- Tap on Default apps
- Tap on Messaging app and pick your favored texting app
Why would you wish to change to a third-party SMS app? Well, there are lots of factors. The most apparent one is that they permit users to personalize their discussions in many methods from letting you to select the color of the text bubbles to picking the color of the LED alert light that reveals you have a brand-new text.
Second Of All, a few of these apps provide an encrypted method to interact, so if you’re fretted about personal privacy it would be a great idea to change to a more protected method to interact with loved ones.